|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
||CONTACT: CHRISTI HARLAN
|Friday, May 19, 2000
**MARK-UP OF IMF PROVISIONS POSTPONED**
COMMITTEE TO MARK UP SECURITIES BILL,
VOTES SCHEDULED ON TWO NOMINEES, GOLD MEDAL FOR POPE
Sen. Phil Gramm, chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, has announced that the full committee will meet to mark up pending legislation and to vote on pending nominations.
10 a.m. Wednesday, May 24
Room 538, Dirksen Building
The Senate Banking Committee will mark up the following:
- S.2107, The Competitive Market Supervision Act, which will reduce securities transaction fees collected by the Securities and Exchange Commission and provide pay parity for SEC employees. Gramm intends to propose an amendment as Title III of the bill, providing for securities regulatory relief.
- S.2266, the 2002 Winter Olympic Commemorative Coin Act.
- S.2453, awarding a Congressional Gold Medal to Pope John Paul II.
- The nomination of Richard C. Houseworth, of Arizona, to be a member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The nomination of Nuria I. Fernandez, of Illinois, to be Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration.