|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONTACT: Jesse Jacobs - 202-224-4524
|Monday, September 30, 2002
Craig Davis - 202-224-7391
SARBANES ANNOUNCES NOMINATIONS HEARING
Senator Paul S. Sarbanes (D-MD), Chairman of the Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee, announced that the full Committee will meet to discuss five nominations pending before the committee.
The nominations hearing will be held:
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2002
538 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
The following nominations will be heard:
- Mr. Alberto Faustino Trevino, of California, to be Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Policy Development and Research;
- Mr. Armando J. Bucelo, Jr., of Florida, to be a Director of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation;
- Ms. Diana E. Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be a Director of the Federal Housing Finance Board;
- Ms. Carolyn Y. Peoples, of Maryland, to be Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity;
- Mr. John M. Reich, of Virginia, to be Vice Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.