March 9, 2017
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID), Chairman of the United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, issued the following statement on the passage of several bipartisan securities bills out of committee:
“Today, the Banking Committee advanced a number of securities bills that will improve economic growth and investor protections,” said Chairman Crapo. “These bills were introduced with bipartisan support in previous Congresses, and we continued that course today by voting them out of committee with broad support. I want to thank Ranking Member Brown, our committee members, and our colleagues on the House Financial Services Committee for their work this year and in past Congresses on these important pieces of legislation.”
Bills reported favorably by the Banking Committee:
- S. 327, “Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017,” introduced by Senators Heller (R-NV) and Peters (D-MI). The House bill (HR 910) was introduced by Reps. French Hill (R-AR) and Bill Foster (D-IL).
- S. 444, “Supporting America’s Innovators Act of 2017,” introduced by Senators Heitkamp (D-ND) and Heller (R-NV). The House bill (HR 1219) was introduced by Reps. Patrick T. McHenry (R-NC) and Nydia M. Velazquez (D-NY).
- S. 462, “Securities and Exchange Commission Overpayment Credit Act,” introduced by Senators Heller (R-NV), Heitkamp (D-ND), Toomey (R-PA) and Donnelly (D-IN). The House bill (HR 1257) was introduced by Reps. Gregory W. Meeks (D-NY) and Randy Hultgren (R-IL).
- S. 484, “U.S. Territories Investor Protection Act of 2017” introduced by Senators Menendez (D-NJ) and Hatch (R-UT). The House bill (HR 1366) is sponsored by Reps. Nydia M. Velazquez (D-NY), Sean P. Duffy (R-WI), Jose E. Serrano (D-NY) and Tom MacArthur (R-NJ).
- S. 488, “Encouraging Employee Ownership Act” introduced by Senators Toomey (R-PA) and Warner (D-VA). The House bill's (HR 1343) sponsors are Reps. Randy Hultgren (R-IL), Thomas MacArthur (R-NJ), John Delaney (D-MD), Brian Higgins (D-NY), Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) and Steve Stivers (R-OH).